Avett Brothers and Mumford and Sons Light Up iTunes After Grammy Appearance
Stumbled upon this today and I think there might actually be some hope for good boot stomping music out there. Looks like after the Avett Brothers and Mumford and Sons stellar performance at the Grammys, their album sales got into the top 10 at iTunes for the week of Feb. 14th, 2011. Mumford and Sons was #1 with Avett Brothers at #8. Of course we can contribute most of this to their performances at the Grammys, but it does not appear to be the case for people like Arcade Fire or Cee Lo Green. I can only hope people saw and heard the same things I do when I see them. I don’t think most bands measure success by their iTunes sales, but it sure does let us get a pulse on what is happening in music today.
UPDATE Feb 15, 2011: “I and Love and You” The Avett Brothers #4, “Sigh No More” Mumford & Sons still at #1. Way to hold strong boys!!!
February 14, 2011 iTunes Top 10 List
1. “Sigh No More,” Mumford & Sons
2. “Greatest Hits.So Far!!!,” P!nk
3. “Never Say Never (The Remixes),” Justin Bieber
4. “My Worlds Acoustic,” Justin Bieber
5. “LOVE,” The Beatles
6. “Loud,” Rihanna
7. “Recovery,” Eminem
8. “I and Love and You,” The Avett Brothers
9. “My World 2.0,” Justin Bieber
10. “Light Me Up,” The Pretty Reckless